L Visa
An L1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows companies to transfer certain employees to continue their work with the sample employer in the United States. There are different types of L visas. An L-1A visas are available to foreign nationals who have been working in a executive o managerial position. An L-1B visa is available to foreign nationals who have been working in a position categorized as “specialized knowledge.”

To qualify for L visa classification, the employer must “Have a qualifying relationship with a foreign company” and:

  • Currently be, or will be, doing business as an employer in the United States for the duration of the visa applicant’s stay in the United States as an L-1.
  • Has worked at least one for one continuous year within the three years before applying for the L visa.
  • Must work in a Managerial, Executive, or Specialized Skill Position.

H1b Visa
An H1b is a common non-immigrant visa application that allows an applicant to apply for a non-immigrant visa to work in the United States. It is a common application for foreign nationals to apply but a very difficult one to obtain because there is an annual cap where only 65,000 applicants are approved.
To qualify for H1b classification, you must:

  1. Have a US company sponsor you and promise to pay you the prevailing wage
  2. Be a person in offered a position considered a specialty occupation

  • A specialty occupation is an individual that has a bachelor degree or higher degree from an accredited college for entry into the particular position offered by the US Employer.
  • Hold a foreign degree that is equivalent to the U.S. bachelor’s degree or higher degree.
  • Have an unrestricted state license, registration, or certification which authorizes you to fully practice the specialty occupation and be engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment
  • Have education, training, or experience in the specialty that is equivalent to the completion of such a degree, and have recognition of expertise in the specialty

  1. How are specialty occupations determined?

  • A Bachelor degree or higher degree or equivalent is normally the minimum requirement for that particular job position.
  • Degree requirement is common in that industry
  • Employers requires a degree or equivalent
  • The duties specified for that particular position is specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform that particular position is usually requires a degree.

If you have more questions concerning any potential visa described above or any other potential visa such as O or P, please do not hesitate to contact us at 213-344-8440 to discuss your potential visa in depth.